Sunday, August 31, 2008

Saturday August 31. 2008

Vicki and I decided on Friday that we would take a short ride on Saturday to Millersport, Ohio since they were hosting the Sweet Corn Festival. We headed out toward the festival about 10:45, a little later then planned but we had a great ride there. We were going to meet a couple from Cleveland that are on the RideOhio.org website. He and I had met before.
We took the super slab as in I-71 and I-70 to get there a little quicker so that part of the ride was kind of boring.
As we pulled in Kerry and his better 1/2 were walking back towards their bike. We joined up with a couple introductions of the ladies and walked into the festival. After spending some time walking & talking we stopped and each of us got an ear of sweet corn which was wonderful. We did some more walikng & talking stopped for chicken & drinks. We ran into some friends of Vicki and I from home talked to them for a few minutes then went back towards our bikes after stopping by the sweet corn again where the girls each got a dozen ears of corn to take home. We said our goodbyes and parted ways. Vicki and I had a great time visiting with Kerry & Bonnie.
We pulled out and headed toward home using all back roads. We passed through Beautiful Fairfield County along the way and we worked way down to Route 22 which was our main road home.
Once we got into Wilmington we were getting hungry and everyone knows where I like to eat in Wilmington? Beaugards Oh Yeah baby, a half slab for me, and pulled BBQ chicken for Vicki.

Funny thing though and I do have pics & video to prove it. There were some guys who had a "rastlin" ring set up in the parking lot. I kid you not. A van that read on the side of it, "UIW - Ultimate Impact Wrestling" I think that Lymon & Wanda are stopping there tonight on their way back in.
While we left before the rastlin started they should get to see it. We finished up our last 1 hour leg home dropping down onto Route 350 through Fort Ancient then onto 123 toward home. We logged 260 mile today and had a great dat with some wonderful people.
Vicki and I made it home with an hour to spare before we needed to leave for bowling tonight.

No comments: