Saturday, July 26, 2008

Saturday July 26
I finally got to ride today down to Maysville, Ky to Heritage Honda.
Nice store is all I can say and the people there are very friendly and heplful. Lymon and Wanda rode with me also while Vicki went to a baby shower.
All back roads and some new ones in there we never knew existed.
This road is a little rough and some occasional gravel here and there but we loved it. We both said we'll ride it again. We spent about an hour in the store then headed for home. We crossed back in to Ohio and rode down river to Rt 68 so we could speed up the trip home and continue staying off the super slab. We found rain in the Fayettville area at the intersection of 68 and 50. Pulled on the rain gear and kept on truckin.
Just south of Wilmington the roads were dry and the skys were clear. We rode right by Beaugards and we were tempted but we didn't stop since we satisfied our rib cravings the day before. Turned on to Rt 22 toward Morrow and stopped at Valley Vinyard and picked up some wine. Then on to Rt 48 and the rest was our usuall path. A nice ride and a nice day despite a little rain. 217 miles today.


Friday July 25
I rode up to Marysville Ohio for the Honda Homecoming with Lymon and Roy. We met up with Greg Hayden and his group for breakfast at Scrambler Maries about 8:00 then took back roads almost all the way up to the plant.
We were set to have lunck with Gregs group and some others at 12:00 at Bennys.
Lymon, Roy, and I decided we would have time to do the plant tour before lunch at 12 and the outside line went fast. Once inside the tour went well then we met up with a slow group in front of ours and we ended up missing the lunch with the RidoOhio group. www.rideohio.org
Since my cell phone is a camera phone it was taked hostage by plant officials while I was inside, therefore I couldn't call anyone at the lunch until I got out. I did and they were finishing up and ready to pay & leave. We went over had lunch where I met up with Jester and the VTX guys from the Ohio X-riders forum. http://www.ohioxriders.proboards14.com/ Lunch consisted of wel lyou know RIBS and I will say they are damn good. We took off for the vendor area stopping first at the small one in Marysville then over to Bellefountaine where the larger vendor area was. I finally met up with Greg's group again and Deb, Todd, & Jim. They said that I had just missed CUZ and Tank.
We left out of there and headed for home taking the back roads. 287 miles yesterday and a great time. Home about 8:30.

No comments: